Energy performance in buildings certificates (EPC's) and display energy certificates (DEC's)

Last year (2008) the government introduced Energy Performance Certificates and Display Energy Certificates for new buildings, public buildings and buildings that are to be rented or sold.

These are a bit like the ratings we have grown used to seeing on our kitchen appliances but they apply to your home, office, library etc. So if we want to sell our houses in future, the energy rating will be something the potential buyer will see. For more information see

Previous page: Transport
Next page: Green Drinks Review